![]() |
| Edit by Gladys Lopez |
Hey everyone! My blog is called Slay of the Union! The name was inspired by the popular use of the word slay on social media (e.g., slay queen, girl you're slaying right now, etc.) and the State of the Union Address. However, suppose you have not seen the word in action. In that case, Gen-Z uses it to mean "to do something spectacularly well. Especially when it comes to fashion, artistic performance, or self-confidence" (Dictionary.com). I love all things pop culture and politics, and I love anytime I get to talk about both! I often watch a tv show or movie, and politics is embedded into the story. Celebrities often involve themselves in politics, such as endorsing candidates, making an acceptance speech political, or straight up running for office. There is an undeniable relationship between politics and pop culture. Throughout the semester, I will blog about politics in pop culture. I hope this blog can be fun while also sparking meaningful discussions.
.png)
Comments
Post a Comment